What are the best phone unlocking tools available?

Jesus O July 30, 2014

Hello, What are the best phone unlocking tools available? I see a lot unlocking websites. However, I would like something more permanent. I heard something about some type of box . Hope I made sense haha thank you all. This website is awesome :)

1. Jesus O

Thank you all !

The above suggestion is okay advice for rooting/jailbreaking a phone, but if you want to unlock the SIM card, that is a different story. Unlock codes to unlock the SIM (for GSM phones, if for CDMA, it requires flashing a different firmware to allow it to be used on another CDMA carrier), are usually used to unlock the phone. The cell phone carrier that the phone was used/purchased from is the best place to get the codes, though there are websites and even eBay where you can purchase the codes.

For rooting/jailbreaking phones and devices, there is no such thing as a single method or tool that can be used for all phones. This is due to fixes to exploits with each update to the operating system. For finding the best tools/apps for android phones, though not all devices are going to be listed, is going to the XDA-Developers website. http://www.xda-developers.com/ Android Central and other common, but highly rated websites, are good alternatives as they may offer other methods of rooting not found on XDA.

For jailbreaking iOS, Life Hacker is a good place to start. http://lifehacker.com/the-best-jailbreak-apps-and-tweaks-for-ios-7-1497408095 Life Hacker also has other methods on their website for rooting and jailbreaking devices. As with any modifications to any system that is outside the recommended uses, research all that you can, review all of the steps several times, and make sure that you understand everything you need to do before trying anything out. Many root/jailbreak methods are fairly safe, but not foolproof. User error is the most common cause for bricking devices (cause the device to no longer work and/or turn on).

If neither of these are what you are looking for, please clarify. Many people mistakenly use "unlock" instead of "root" or "jailbreak", which makes it confusing.

• Dalsan M

Also, I think you are talking about Busy Box, which is a set of tools, more specifically, a set of common, small Unix utilities that work on different versions of Linux such as Android. It isn't used for rooting, but instead needs root access. More information can be found here: http://www.busybox.net/about.html.

3. Vlad Pirlog

Please explain in more detail the following:
    1) Your Phone is a smartphone that functions on Android or iOS (iPhone)
    2) If your phone is an Android you need to search, recommend youtube for "Phone name, serial" root, and you will find many step by step guides, you will have to root again when you update your phone.
    2.1) Otherwise if you have an iPhone, you need to search for "jailbreak" I recommend you go to a local phone repair shop and ask them to do it, on your own you may not be able to achieve it.
    3) I hope this was the type of unlock you wanted, otherwise if you want to unlock the screen of a phone protected by codes or image, I recommend you don't.