What is the best file opening software?

Anonymous April 29, 2014

what is the best file opening software?

.MEX files are MATLAB Executables. It requires MATLAB to open and run. I believe GNU Octave also has support to open and compile them.

• Joan

Thanks Bruce. I tried it and it worked :)

if you want to close the thread as solved from your makeuseof account just Pick Bruce E COMMENT AS THE BEST ANSWER.

2. Joan

I use 7 zip to unzip files but this file I/m trying to open is not ziped and has the extension .mex. Thanks all for the help, I really appreciate it. And isn't this site great, even for a novice like me. So many topics!!

3. Rajaa C

Kindly be a bit specific in exactly what file type you want to open? Tell us the file extension. Different file types open with different softwares or utilities.

What do you mean by file opening software? Do you mean an archive opening software for zip, rar, bin, etc. files?

7-zip is what I use, and it can even extract files from exe files, and it is free. WinRAR is another popular archive tool, though it is not free. WinZIP, IZArc, and many other tools are available for opening archived files, as well as create them. Some can open more kinds of archives than others, others have dated, unappealing user interface, etc. I personally only care about performance and if it works.

If this is not what you are talking about, please let us know as it is difficult to understand what exactly it is that you are asking.