What are the best audio-note recording apps for Android?

Anonymous September 21, 2014

What are the best audio notes apps for Android? I’m interested in the ones that are shown in movies where some tech or scientist use a small recorder to record small audio notes with times logs. These can be used to record my thoughts or any ideas that I have. I’m currently using keep but I would prefer an app specific to this function.

1. Ben S

Oron's answer is excellent; if you're looking for one of the Android apps he referenced, I use Smart Voice Recorder and recommend it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrwq.recorder

All note recorders will record the date & time of recording since they save the files with a time stamp, When you transfer the recordings to your PC, all you need to do is look at the "creation date" of the file to get that information. All you need to do is chose one of the many "voice recorder" apps on the Google Play Store. As long as it saves the files in MP3 format, you're set.

All that said, what you see in the movies are dedicated recording devices which are easier to use in that they are smaller and have a (hardware) record button. Olympus and Panasonic make a wide range of such devices, as do some other companies.