What is the best ad-blocker for Chrome?

Dan V March 26, 2014

What is the best ad blocker to use in Chrome?

1. Zoran N

I vote AdBlock Plus on both Chrome and Firefox.

I also use Adblock Plus, which I find simple to use and very effective. Of course, there may be better blockers out there - I haven't tried them all!
    As Dave says, if you use a blocker, please spare MakeUseOf a thought and don't block the adverts on it, this is what keeps the site running and the adverts are unintrusive.

3. Dave P

If you must use an ad blocker, and we're obviously biased in our dislike of them, then please do whitelist MakeUseOf. If no one saw any ads on the site then we would stop getting paid and the content would dry up.

Thank you in advance :)

4. Ben S

Jeff 's answer is great - I use AdBlock Plus on Firefox. However, for Chrome users I typically recommend AdBlock.> It's different from ABP. It's a bit simpler, but honestly they're both amazing so you can't go wrong with either. Just make sure you only use one; two or more would be redundant and a waste of resources.

Also, if you go with Plus, be sure to disable the non-intrusive advertising setting (in filter settings) if you so desire. By default, ABP allows some ads.

5. Jeff F

Hands down Adblock Plus.