How do I befriend a friend from Facebook?

Ash March 2, 2010

1. Scoo_bie_do09

how do you UNFRIEND someone on FB then add them back?

2. timmyjohnboy

There is a menu option in the top bar called "Account" which is a drop-down menu. Click "edit friends" from that drop down menu. It is on this page that you can let Facebook search your email contacts, see a list of suggested friends, or go to the bottom and search by name or email address.

Realize that when you add a friend, they must then accept the invitation before they'll actually be one of your Facebook friends:)

First of all, you have to find a person you want to be friends with. You can do this in a number of ways.

Facebook suggests them to you
    You import your email contacts
    You find them by looking through your friends friends
    You search for their name
    You search for a school, organisation, or location.

Once you found the person if they allow people to add them as friends (most do), up the top, next to their name, there will be a Add As Friend button. Click on it, and wait for them to accept you. If it has been a while, and they haven't accepted your friend request, if you search for their name in the search bar and it does come up, they havn't seen or done anything with your friend request. If their name does come up, they have ignored you or don't want to be your friends.

The other way to be friends is if they find you (and your privacy settings allow that). You will receive a notification that a NAME wants to be your friend, they you just accept their friend request.

Alternatively, read these facebook articles to know all about friends in facebook:!/help/?page=441

Read these articles for specific instructions about Adding Friends and Friend Requests:!/help.php?page=767

4. Taty

And if you have found them, but they haven't invited you to be their friend yet, you can go to their profile (by clicking on their name) and clicking the "add as friend" button to the right of their name. If they accept they will appear on your friends list and you get a little message on your profile saying you are now friends.

• Beverlymillimen

Hello, my name is Beverly Millimen I can't find my friend button so I can befriend people.

Easy, when someone ads you as friend you should receive a notification message asking for your confirmation. once you confirm the person should appear in your friends list.