What is the best battery saver app for Android?
Question by Joe Mac /

• Roy

I highly recommend SuperPower, from the great and helpful folks in the XDA Developer forums. You can use either the free (beta) version, which works fine for me, or the paid version. Most of the features are available in the free version, but there is a “nag” notification that pops up in your notification bar every couple of days asking if you’d like to upgrade to the paid version. (Note that you need to have the free version installed first if you want to purchase the paid version. It doesn’t allow you to install it unless it’s replacing the free version.)

Here is a link on the Android Market where you can find both versions:

This app gives you some helpful and battery-saving features, but to get the most out of it your phone needs to be rooted. If it isn’t, you can likely find some helpful information about rooting by searching the MUO articles on the subject. The exact instructions and rooting method depend on what phone you have. If you would like to let us know what phone you’re using, I’m sure somebody here can find you a guide and provide a link.