Why am I seeing a ‘bank interleave requested’ message when I start my computer and how do I stop it?

James D. Mason September 24, 2011

When I turn on the computer, the temps and other readouts come up and at the bottom is where I get the statement,

BANK INTERLEAVE REQUESTED BUT NOT ENABLED.

Biostar A740G M2+
AMD PHENOM 9500 QUAD CORE 2.2G
Windows 7 64 bit professional

1. A Quick One, While He's Gone

Not the original asker here, but someone else who must admit I got a little nervous reading this one. I thought it was something like Microsoft embedding a rootkit in a pirated OS (like the Sony one in DVDs) that displays a message saying someone didn't pay Dolla-Dolla Bill Gates for their copy of Windows and now he's going to take YOU to the bank. ^_^

"If you pirate it, they will come."

Your BIOS requested that your RAM provide a bank (segment) of memory, but it couldn't because it's bank interleaving is not enabled. You must enable interleave mode in your BIOS.

SDRAM Bank Interleave
    Interleaved memory
    Memory bank
    What Is Memory Interleaving?

• James D. Mason

Sorry, but I looked and there is no place in my bios to do anything with bank interleave.