How to backup / Restore drivers on XP (home edition sp3)

Tony February 1, 2010

I’ve always thought the xp disc for installing windows had the drivers included in the install..how wrong i was..how do i backup drivers and restore them?…sometimes without a driver u loose ur connection so u are unable to find them on the net.

1. Tony

Thank you for the information Aibek. as i may need to use it someday....Mohammadtns9, ty for ur input as well, i've done research on nlite and am thinking of slipstreaming as you mentioned..as it will be my first time slipstreaming..it doesn't seem very hard to do.. I pretty much get around the computer without any problems..but i got hit with a rootkit virus which was hard to get rid of..i finally did..so i was just preparing myself if ever i needed to do a reinstall...ty both

use nLite ---- search for the software...
    use NTBackup --- supplied in the windows cd in the tools folder value add
    easy backup ... and make updated win cd by nLite...
    do some research by googling for instructions for using nLite ... (slipstreaming)
    rest is up to you...
    learn by doing yourself..
    i have just shown you the best optimal path...100% guaranteed