How can I make a backup to an external hard drive in Windows?

barry September 4, 2011

I have an external hard drive with 1.5TB. How do I set it up to back up my documents at regular intervals?

I have Comodo software, not confident in its use.

1. Dish2u

I agree completely with Jeffery about using Fbackup for making backups. One of the most important reasons why we do backups is how easy will it be to do a restore from that backup, and Fbackup wins hands down on the simplicity of doing a restore. Besides being free, it also has a lot of useful features should you select to use them, but even if you go with the default settings it'll work like a charm.

Though I love Comodo, Fbackup sounds like it would be perfect for this. Simply add a job which will backup your documents location, then choose where to back it up to (your external hard drive) and when to do it.

Comodo offers decent software solutions but you can always pick one from the MUO Best Windows Software list
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-windows-software#backup