Why has AVG replaced my default Google home page?
Question by Gill Scott /

Yesterday I had an update request window open for AVG so I clicked it. After that I find my Google Chrome opening page tab with all my favorites on it has vanished and I have an AVG search window only. I want to get back to my previous opening page on Google Chrome. How do I do that?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Best Music Services
Best Music Services
Major Tech News
Major Tech News

• Bryan

I meant the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right hand corner. Everything else will be the same.

• Bryan

Click on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner. Then put cursor on “tools” then click extensions. You will see “AVG Safeguard Toolbar” un-check the box that says “enable”. Problem Solved!

• Tore Berg

Why do you make such a change without the users’ approval? I hate it.

• sheila Durant

I would like to have avg removed as my default and as my web page. I would like yahoo as my web page and goggle chrome as my default.

Any help that ou can give me would be greatly appreciatr. Thank You

• brad

give back my old page this is a hassele give back the two hours you took and the bad new page without my favorites to .

• Phoenix

Go to settings, the to extentions and you will see you avg thing there. Just click “enabled”

• diane

in windows 7 google chrome go to bookmarks then bookmark manager then at the top is a small search box,type in avg. “avg” or “search” should pop up.right click on this and press the delete button & restart your browser.I always find that restarting your computer helps at times as well.good luck!!!!!

• David

I will Like to Have my old stuff Back and My save Links and And My anime I Was watching

• Dwayne Nicholson

because AVG hijacks your system during the install process if you’re not careful, you have to choose custom install or it will install a bunch of crap ware