How can I get Auto-Tune to work in Windows 7?

Kayleigh April 14, 2011

Can someone please tell me step by step how to get Auto-Tune that actually works for Windows 7.

1. Carlos Jones

I have windows 7 64bit and trying to install auto-tune efx on it but it only go's thru half the process then it prompts u to restart the computer and after that it just acts like its installing remaining files but its not. Someone please help me resolve this issue.

• SazzleT400

That's the exact problem I'm having, I have read that autotune, even autotune evo, doesn't work on 64bit computers... which is a pain! It did the exact same thing to me, I wonder if there's anyway to autotune your voice in cool edit pro x2 WITHOUT the plugin, I'm getting annoyed with all this messing around. If anyone figures it out please let me know at SazzleT400@hotmail.co.uk thanks x

2. Royston Macho

I found out how......you can use mixcraft and then go to File(in Mixcraft) and then go to Preferrence..select Effect and after that select 'edit VST effect folder'..once you press that go to 'auto-scan for VST Directories'..it will scan and (assuming that you have install autotune) it will show you a list of autotune...just press 'OK' and enjoy...

3. Dudester365

I tried and did some research and found out that Autotune 5 and Autotune EFX doesn't work on Windows 7 but somehow they work on Windows Vista and XP. The only autotune that works on Windows 7 and lower is Autotune Evo. But I dont care if the others dont work. Autotune Evo is the 2nd current version, right before Autotune 7 which is brand new. Also Evo is definitely the best

4. Sillyomardominguez

If You Do, Email Me At sillyomardominguez@yahoo.com
    @yahoo:disqus Thank You

Kayleigh,

did you figure out how to run Auto-Tune? Did you install it as a plugin? Please let us know in case there was a misunderstanding or if you need more help. Thank you!

Hello, are you referring to the plug in Auto-Tune? Probably the reason you can not make it work is because Auto-Tune is only a plug in....you need an audio editing program for it to run. According to the Antares site, you need to have a program such as http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/pro-tools

Visit the following site to check the requirements:
    http://www.antarestech.com/products/auto-tune-7.shtml