How can I automatically plot the number of messages in my Gmail inbox on a graph?

Til Man April 13, 2012

I’ve been using Excel to create a graph a graph about the number of messages in my Gmail inbox over time (very useful, by the way!) but I started getting tired of inserting the data into the Excel sheet by hand, even though it takes just a second.

Is there a way to automate this (without the need of programming own scripts)? It should fetch the number of messages (i.e. conversations) in my inbox in Gmail and save the number into an Excel sheet, say, once a day.

Is there an easy solution?

2. Susendeep Dutta

You need to create a macro to achieve your task.

Note : - Please backup your data before performing any operations as working with macros doesn't allow you to modify the data.

As you receive a number of emails daily and it's treated as unread messages.So,you want to create a graph in excel to log the number of unread messages.

Visit the link below to know more -

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556218