How do I automatically get my phone to turn itself on at a scheduled time?

Jono M March 10, 2014

I use my Android phone (Samsung Note 2) as a daily alarm but find it annoying that I have to leave it on and therefore drain the battery in order for it to work.

Is there any way (app/setting) to get it to turn itself on from a powered off state (not just screen off) at the correct time for the alarm to then go off?

1. Abilash A

There is no such app/setting that will turn a phone ON

2. Zoran N

I have never turned my phone off :) Don't see any reason to do that...

3. Jono M

Unfortunately that's what I thought... Thanks for taking the time to reply tho

I don't think there is any app or setting for this. It's basically a limitation of the way the phone is manufactured.

Most older mobiles or "dumb phones" do have a type of power-off/standby state that will turn the phone on at the time of the alarm. But as far as smartphones go almost none of them are supporting this function. iPhone, Samsung Galaxys(?), Nokia Lumia ~ pretty much all of them have to be turned on for the alarm to work.

Personally I can offer 2 work-arounds:
    1. adjust your charging cycle so the phone is charging up during the night
    2. use the airplane mode to turn off all unnecessary connections and therefor "power drains"

At the end of they day neither requires any extra work. Turning your phone off and inputting your PIN and/or lock code the next day probably takes more time than switching airplane mode (some apps let you do it just from the home screen).

• Rajaa C

Blackberry has this feature for ages. Unfortunately, neither android nor WP8 and neither any of it's apps can do that. Dunno about iOS. :(