Is there an auto sleep setting for iPad (v.1)?
Question by Mary Bryan /

I have not been able to find a setting that will put my iPad (version 1) to sleep after a designated interval. I can do it with the Sleep Button, but if I fall asleep or set it aside, it just stays “on” until I wake up or get back to it.

• Jfreeman

I had this same question for my iPad 2 and this answer was most helpful! It’s my first Apple product so I didn’t know it was “auto lock” either. Thanks!

• Mary Bryan

Thank you, James.  For me, at least, it was not intuitive to equate “auto-lock” with “sleep,” and the connection did not appear in any of the iPad resources I checked.  Thanks again.

Yes, it’s called “auto-lock” though rather than “sleep”. Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock. Looks like the shortest time you can make it is 2 minutes, but mine is on 5 by default.