Why are some of my audio files not recognized by my Blu-Ray player?

Brenton Haas February 28, 2012

I have a 1TB Seagate hard drive. On it is a music folder with over 3000 songs in Alphabetical order. When I plug my hard drive into my Blu Ray player or TV the folder stops at the letter K. All songs starting with L-Z are now showing up although they are still there when I plug it back into the computer. Can I fix this so all files show?

Hello, Are these folders subfolders of a music folder?  maybe there is a limit on how many subfolders you can have in a folder?  What if you sort the music by artist?  Or kind of music?  I know it could be a pain  to sort them all out but it is worth a try.

Maybe your BD player makes an automatic page break after XXX lines and you have to switch to a secondary site or it only supports a limited number of entries per directory.

You could try to devide them into subfolders e.g. A-I, J-R, S-Z and see if all files within each folder show up.

I can't think of anything besides that ~ the only other option would be file type compatibility but it's highly unlikely that all files from A-K are in a supported format and the remaining from L-Z are not.