Why is my Asus netbook writing numbers instead of letters?

alex wallace May 14, 2011

My netbook (Asus) is writing numbers instead of letters and I don’t know why.

1. Taijiros

problem solved, on Asus laptop using FN+ num lk key, thank you very much, 100% useful

Hey Alex,

has your question been solved? Please let us know!

Hello, there was a question similar to this not long ago.  The only difference is the brand name of the laptop.  The issue was resolved by uninstalling one of the security software provided by comcast.  Is comcast your ISP?  Here is the link:

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/type-numbers-letters-windows-7-starter-acer-netbook/

4. PSK

on netbooks usually theres a button (one of the f1-f12 keys)  where 'numlk' is also written. this toggles numlock on or off when pressed with function key('fn'-usually near ctrl key).
    I am not sure but maybe you also have light indicators telling you whether num lock is on or off (similar to caps lock indicator)

as @jjfox82:disqus said, its probably your problem

hope this helps

5. Josh Fox

Check to make sure the number lock isn't turned on. It will activate the number pad that is built into the keyboard keys.

that's likely to be the problem