Why has my Asus laptop webcam feed been upside down ever since I recovered my computer?
Question by Anahita /

I recovered my computer because I became infested with all sorts of icky viruses. Yet, ever since then my webcam captures upside down instead of right side up. Being a laptop webcam, I can’t simply flip it upside down.

Does anyone know how to fix this? And maybe what could have caused it?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Susendeep Dutta

This problem has occured due to driver issues within your laptop.This problem can be fixed in more than one way.

1) One user ” Oliveerg ” of the forum said –

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/39126-webcam-image-upside-down-how-do-i-fix.html

” I know a quick and simple solution to this problem… just installing a third party software called “ManyCam” which is a freeware that you can find “Click Here”

Just download and install it… go to “Sources” and just click on the “Flip” symbol… then, if you want to keep using “Messenger” or any other video chat software, just go to the setting drop down box “Camera and Video Setup” and select “ManyCam” instead of the “USB Camera”.

It worked for me…”

Another forum has many users fized this problem in many ways.So,go through all the comments –

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090603115153581&board_id=24&model=AF-200&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

• sasha

i cant find tat Sunplus SPUVcb option in my software list ! help pls

• Help 1#

How to fix it?

Go TO satart and wrote regedit : Edit Windows Registry. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  SOFTWARE  Sunplus SPUVCb  VIDEOPROCAMP. Change VFlip value to 1.

• Nathaniel

yea mines doing the same but hasn’t been corrupted by viruses..as far as I know… is there some weird option somewhere to rotate it?

• Susendeep Dutta

One user ” Oliveerg ” of the forum said –

“I know a quick and simple solution to this problem… just installing a third party software called “ManyCam” which is a freeware that you can find “Click Here”

It worked for me…”

So,this will solve the problem of rotation.This problem is due to driver issue.

• Thedorklos

mine is doing the same thing but im only 14 and i dont understand anything you guys are saying. my dad works for ARINC so maybe he can help me.

• Akshay

Hello guys, i have asus Z40IN, in device manager it shows that webcam drivers are installed properly, but there no such utility which will ON the webcam, also i downloaded a software from asus site, but when i use that the picture seems upside down…please help

• Susendeep Dutta

If the software and driver form Asus itself are the main cause of your problem then you must refer to third party solution.

It worked for me…”

Anahita,

did the advice from Mike and Fidelis help you solve your problem? Please let us know whether you were able to fix your webcam image or whether you need more help.

Hello, download the proper driver for you system and then try the following:

— windows key + Pause/Break button (same time)
    — on menu click on hardware tab
    — click on device manager
    — find the entry for your camera
    — highlight entry and then right click
    — select uninstall
    — go to folder where you downloaded new driver
    — run the setup
    — wait until it finishes installing
    — restart computer

Sounds a lot like your Webcam driver got corrupted. Try downloading the correct driver from the ASUS Support page (http://support.asus.com/) and unpack it into a temporary directory. If it’s an installer complete the steps below before running it.

Open the Device Manager:
    1. click on Start > Controle Panel
    for XP: navigate to Performance and Maintenance > System
    for Vista/7: navigate to System and Security
    3. click on Device Manager

Now you have to locate your Webcam. Usually it should be listed under Imagine devices but it might differ. When you found it right-click on it and select Uninstall.

When it’s done click on Action > Scan for hardware changes.
    You should be prompted for the driver – choose to manually select the correct driver.
    If your driver was in installer as mentioned before click on abort and run the installer first.