How can I fix my laptop power issues?

December 9, 2013

assalamualaikum, everyone. I want your suggestion about my laptop problem. My laptop does not turn on when I press the power button and also when I charge my laptop there is no change. I want go to the shop to repair my laptop but its very expensive about RM 800. My laptop warranty is still available but I don’t know where I keep that. So, who can help me and suggest what can I do?

1. Matt S

You mentioned you don't know where your warranty is. That probably doesn't matter, as long as you have the serial number of the product, the manufacturer should be able to tell if you are within warranty. Just give them a call and see what they can do.

try to reset cmos battery

1) disconnect from power source
    2) remove battery
    3) Hold power button down for 30 seconds to drain whatever charge left in the laptop
    4) Plugin the power source and not the battery
    5) Power up the laptop and see if it will work

Alaikum assalam, Anonymous. Bruce is right. There's little you can do other than have it repaired professionally. Your warranty depends on the age of the laptop, not on the piece of paper you got from it, and with most laptops, there's a simple facility on the company's web site to check the serial number and confirm warranty status, so take it back to the shop without fear!

Bring it to the shop for warranty service. Since it does not charge as well as not powering up, the problem is with the internal power circuitry and needs to be repaired/replaced by a qualified technician.