Are there any remote access apps for phones?

DrSunil Vaswani May 3, 2013

Are there apps to remotely control a friend’s phones like “remote desktop”? Auch as for technical assistance?
Similar to what Google Plus has introduced in hangout for computers

there's teamviewer and similar apps but in my opinion teamviewer is the best among those i have tried.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Is your answer about desktop or android?

• Junil Maharjan

teamviewer is available for windows pc as well as android phones and tablet.

Sean, as far as I know, you can only use Log Me to control PCs or Macs FROM a phone/tablet, not the other way round. The same is true, unfortunately, for TeamViewer. However, Join.Me (which is web based) claims to work both ways.

For Android, there are several apps that do just that: Remote Desktop, Bomgar, RemoDroid, DroidMote and allegedly VNC (although I haven't been able to find a suitable VNC server).

• Sean McShane

Also there is Log Me In

• DrSunil Vaswani

I guess these are apps to control own android. But how about apps to control a friend's android for remote technical help , as to both user and friend having the app installed on their respective phones ( maybe crossplatform )