Are there any programs that can create realistic piano music without a special keyboard?

Wiry A September 22, 2013

I want to be able to create a classical piano song WITHOUT using a keyboard at all (it’s too expensive). For example, like this song:

But unlike a MIDI program, the software I’m looking for should allow every note in the song to be editable, such as volume (pressing) per note, sustain length, echo length, etc.

1. ??????? G

You can just start a project, make tracks and set them up to sound like whatever sort of piano (guitar, trumpet, violin, etc.) sound you appreciate and record both midi and audio tracks and create multi-instrument tracks as if a band was playing. Also, you can make a single track, apply your preferred settings and play to your hearts content with or without recording your playing. All notes will be shown graphically and they will be editable in your saved project. Eventually, it is entirely your choice whether or not you want to save projects as midi files, apply volume, sustain length, effects, etc.

2. ??????? G

You can use Cubase and Cakewalk Sonar - these are the ones that I've worked with. There you can create songs and melodies without a keyboard, which I used to do but eventually found extremely longsome and therefore bought a keyboard anyway. I hope you have more patience and you won't get bored. Good luck!

• Wiry A

I'm sorry, but. I don't quite get it on how I would use this program for.
      Do I have to create the midi file first then put it to sonar to edit the instrument used, volume (pressing) per note, sustain length, etc?