Are there any benefits to using Windows 8 with Windows Phone 8?

Gustavo I October 28, 2013

I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 820 phone with Windows Phone 8 and my main computer is running Windows 7. I already own a Windows 8 license but I downgraded to Windows 7 after having some issues with Windows 8.

I am willing to give Windows 8 another try if there are any benefits in using Windows 8 along with Windows Phone 8, does anyone know any?

I don’t have the phone with me, it will be shipped during this week, next week on the latest.

Thank you in advance.

well Windows 8 offers two PC sync solutions, the Windows Phone (Metro) application and the Windows Phone (desktop) application, these two sync solutions offer different features sets.

for instance if you want to sync podcast you use Windows Phone (desktop) application for doc you use Windows Phone (Metro) application.

Windows Phone app for desktop
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop
    • Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
    • Automatically import pictures and videos you've taken with your phone to your PC.
    • See at a glance how much space you're using for each type of content, so it's easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
    • Get your playlists on your phone.
    • Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone

Windows Phone (Metro) application
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/windows-phone/0e0fbaf6-fd99-4046-b494-9ce469ae3009
    Features
    •• Get your music, photos, and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
    •• Add ringtones and playlists to your phone.
    •• Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos, or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
    •• Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
    •• See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
    ••You can now browse the documents that are stored on your phone, add documents to your Windows Phone
    •• Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone, or find it if it’s lost.