Are all Android HD Games compatible with a 9.7 inch display?
Question by Raja Pradeep /

I’m planning to buy a 9.7″ (4:3 aspect ratio) Android tablet. It’s specifications are :

• 1.6 GHz Exynos Quad core CPU
  • Mali-400 GPU
  • 2gb RAM
  • 1024×768 resolution

Will it be able to run all HD games like Shadowgun, Deadtrigger, Asphalt 7, GTA III etc or should I go for a 10.1 inch tablet? I want to buy this tablet (iBerry auxus coreX4) because It is available for only Rs.16,000 (300$) in India. I don’t want to buy Nexus 7 because I want bigger screen. Thanks in advance.

• Ahmed Musani

It depends on the application or game itself. there are certain games out there which are only designed for tablets only. however if you want to install an application which interests you. you can use the play store which will detect and tell you whether an application is compatible with your device. for applications that are not compatible you won’t see them on the play store application browsed through your phone.
    To summarize, it depends on application to application.

• Junil Maharjan

sometimes you will not be able to download games based on region, some games require specific hardware and sometimes it will check for your android version. so it really depends upon the developers.

Even if other specs are good,the screen resolution matters most too in gameplay user experience.The PPI of this tablet is much lower than Galaxy tab 2 7.0 i.e. lower than ~169 PPI.The bigger the screen size,the bigger the resolution needs to be to maintain a desirable PPI(326 PPI).The manufacturer has saved the cost in this area as high resolution screen panel do cost more.

How Does The Apple Retina Display Work –

It would be better that you visit a big tech mall and have a hands-on demo with it.

some games are made for Tegra processors

Very difficult to answer if the device will be compatible with a particular app or not. Only when you try to download and install from Google Play, it will check the device compatibility with the app and if compatible will show the message and allow to download and install.