Are there any apps or software that will convert spoken Vietnamese to written English?

richard fairlie September 27, 2012

I live in a house full of Vietnamese people. I want a program that will convert Vietnamese conversations into English text. I feel left out of many conversations and quite honestly I feel lie they talk about me right to my face and I want to know what is being said.

Are there any programs or apps that can help me out?

1. Calle Sweden

There are some smartphone apps for that, but i only remember the name of one of them (iPhone Google Translate) but someone already said that ;)
    //Kg

2. r

i do not have an i phone. i have tried the online version that runs with chrome, but does not support vietnamese

3. bonioloff

If you have good internet connection, you can use iPhone Google Translate, it can get the text by using microphone, you can use it when they are talking, and it will send the voice to google to recognize what they say, and then translate it..

• HLJonnalagadda

Yeah amazing what this utility can do.

• bonioloff

Yeah, I think you should try it yourself.
        Just search Google Translate in AppStore from your iPhone.
        Just select the official one made by Google, when installed you should see microphone button, with it you can use translating with voice.