Why is there no Best of Apps or how-to tips for Blackberry Smartphones or Playbook?

Jean Arial October 8, 2012

Make Use Of has Best of iPhone Apps, but nothing for Blackberry Products. I realize RIM is struggling but don’t count them out. They have millions of subscribers, new smartphones and an OS on the way.

1. Nathan Labbe

Maybe because Blackberry is going the way of the dinosaurs, even with BB10 on the way it's unable to draw any positive media advertising. BB is now catering so much to the corporate world that the OS is becoming impractical for personal users. I feel like the resources are better spent shedding light on the technology that isn't on the way out.

2. ahmed Fouad khalil

i suggest to add one book or more on blackBerry OS how to like the one did for IOS and android

3. Chris Hoffman

Well, it's probably exactly because RIM has a new OS on the way. BB10 will need new apps written for it, right? So any "Best Of" page we put together will be out-of-date very soon.

If BB10 takes off a bit like Windows Phone has, I bet we'll be putting together a Best Of page.

Another factor is that we have to have a knowledgeable person willing to take on the page. From what I know, we don't have any BlackBerry-using writers here.

• ahmed Fouad khalil

also i suggest to add part for the best BB OS apps

A good suggestion, we should also consider the BlackBerry platform under a category as suggested.