How can I make apps download to my phone’s microSD card instead of its internal memory?

Sepsi Virag September 27, 2012

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace White S5830i. I bought a microSD card 4GG.

Where can I change the download settings for my apps? I want them to be downloaded to my microSD card. Right now the apps are downloaded to my phone using my internal memory.

1. Dimal Chandrasiri

there is no way to enable this, bt to use 3rd party applications to do the moving for you. although there can be some options to tweak the android os, or hack it! :) bt I dnt recommend doing such things!

2. salim benhouhou

thank you all for the replies i was looking for that solution .

3. Ravi Meena

anyway all the replies till now are telling you to download another app to either transfer you apps after installing or downloading apk files, but if you want to install android apps directly on SD card, then install cyanogen mod, it will let you partition SD card for apps and after that applications will be downloaded to SD card by default.

• HLJonnalagadda

Thanks for the information.

by default, all downloads go to /sdcard/downloads, and since android engineers decided to put the /sdcard directory in internal memory, you are going to have to either move them yourself using a file explorer.

Dolphin Browser
    You can change download directory under Menu> More> Settings> Privacy & Personal Data>

Download android apps directly to SD card. Changing default location.

How To Use your SD Card as main storage.

Save Gmail Attachment to SD Card on Android