Why do apps I download and install via my PC on my Android phone do not appear on my phone?

ankit gupta March 3, 2012

I have tried many apps to download from internet to my Android phone through PC. When I download them they show that my phone is compatible with the app, they also show that app has been installed, but no change in my phone. What to do? Please help me.

1. VS Vishnu

you need to connect your phone to net ...only then it gets installed,,

2. Mina Sedhom

i have been in this problem also , but i noticed that the apps you select to be installed from market will say installed as they are scheudeld to be added to your phone when your phone connect to internet . i mean select what you want via pc , then connect smart phone to net and it will automatically download and update what you already selcted.

• roy

Thanks Mina Sedhom. That was the answer that made it all work!!!

3. Yash

its because that the android has problems in the media drive... you have to change that.. After that, if it still doesnt work then you have to take it to a store and ask him to mess with it and change the chip or clean where you put your plug to connect to the computer!!

• VS Vishnu

i dont think his problem is this much complicated... :-)

4. Amit Sharma

Hi Ankit Gupta, if you are talking about downloading direct apk files on PC and then transferring it to your Android smartphone, then I think there should not be any issues with that. I would recommend you to follow this method to download direct apk files from Android Market directly to your PC..Try this, here you can find the complete tutorial regarding the same.

http://www.pcmastero.com/2012/03/download-apk-files-from-android-market-to-pc-with-apk-downloader.html

5. Azamat "Bohed" E

Try installing within your phone. That is, download apps to your PC, then copy installation files to your phone via USB cable, then use some file browser inside your phone and open the installation file within the phone. 

use another launcher and see if it will show the installed applications.