How can I allow an application to bypass my LAN restrictions to update apps and communicate with sites?

Uday Luhar January 19, 2012

if you are on campus then attempt circumventing security can lead to you getting banned from the campus network or even from campus,  so be warned. Next thing is to talk to the administrator and try to come to a DEAL.

Who put these lan restrictions in place? Unless you're the admin, you won't be able to bypass them. 

Hello, I would think you would have to be more specific about what you want to do.  If you have a router, you could try and place the app in a dmz zone.

What type of restrictions are we talking about (port blocking, L7 filter, ...) and how are they implemented (hardware firewall, router with built-in firewall, software firewall...)