What is the Apple iPad2 good for?

David August 31, 2011

My girlfriend won an Apple iPad 2 (16GB + WiFi) in a sweepstakes and it was delivered the other day. She asked me what it was good for and I don’t have aa answer. What is it good for?

1. Www Yourcockinmyass

Is just an upgraded smart phone or a waterdown cheap computer

2. Lee

For us ( if not for you)  the "follow the blue ball" Maps App is really great for navigating unknown highways.

I have enjoyed reading an eBook on the iPad ... about 1000 times better than reading on my tiny iphone

3. Shawnleonard22

I use my iPad 2 as a tool to help me get a Masters degree. It is a lot easier to pack around than a laptop, it can produce documents, e-mail, take pictures and edit, video and chat, play games, buy stuff on the Internet, ect,ect

4. Ssmidt

Before I bought one I had some ideas on how I would use it. I have found many other things as well. To paraphrase a previous post, it just depends what turns you take in the road. . .

5. John Forde

What a crazy thread... the only good advice here is to try it first and if you really don't like it, THEN sell it. Best way to try it out? Log on to the "App store" and select "Categories." Then hit the section that serves your interests and download some apps to try. Limit yourself to the free ones at first. You can always delete the ones you don't like. But at least this way, you'll see how much it can really do. 

Otherwise, trying to answer "what is an iPad good for" is too much like someone who just won a car asking you "Yeah, but where can it take you?" The road is wide open. 

6. David M

You can do most of the things you can do on a desktop with an iPad, and it's portable. If you don't want it, I'll gladly take it. :)

7. Maladasa

portability bro !!! thats what she can not do with her desktop , even a laptop is heavy if is not a 10 " one ....but after you play with her for a few seconds she will fall in love and never want to go back !!!...is the premium toy in first clas flying ....( i know i know she does not fly either ), but hey !!!! IT WAS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    LOL...LOL.
    I LOVE MINE !!! is an expensive toy , but what the heck i love it !!!!
    wanna trade it for an ipad one ???? lol...lol.
    enjoy !!!

• Nicola18powell

Well said maladies

8. Osama

I know I can do A LOT OF THINGS on a tablet but still I haven't got one in a sweeptake and don't yet have the money to buy one.........I am shocked to see that there are people with computer knowledge in this world who don't know what to do with this geat device.......

Unless you know what you want to use a tablet for you have two choices
    (1) try everything out and see if you can find a value
    (2) sell it

Asking what you can use it for is probably a none effective approach: People can name 100 things and there will be one (if any) use you may consider.

• Eva

Good response. Thank you...

10. Webmanics

Makes you look fashionable.

Can't tell if trolling, or just.. nah, definitely trolling. 

Seriously though, it's not good for much, so I'll take it off your hands for a generous $50 - the aluminium bits must have good resale value I guess. 

• David

No, Not trolling.  I seriously can't find anything that it does that she can't already do on her desktop computer.  I guess it will go up for sale on Ebay.

• Jeffery Fabish

trollolol

12. Cyph3rz

Expensive paper weight...Asus Transformer blows it's doors off!

I find that it makes a really good seat cushion. If you have enough seat cushions around your house, you can use it as a chopping board. Out of toilet paper? No worries, as long as you have your iPads with you. 

• David

Believe me we were skeptical at first, but it did actually arrive and it is what it said she had won.

• Jeffery Fabish

No, I know that it arrived. I'm talking about what it arrived with. I.e what if it has a keylogger on it?

• Eva

Suggesting that sounds like paranoia to me.

• Jeffery Fabish

Seems like a fairly effortless way to get victims. Would you ever count on it?

• Eva Boyle

Would have to look into then..thanks

• Sonny Bass

Just because you are paranoid,it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

• Eva

Not hardly a troll...it is my IPad..the company I won it from is legit. So no key logging going on.  I can find lots of uses for it,just need the money more than the IPad at the moment !:(

I'm inclined to say that it's not good for anything and that you can just send it to me and I'll recycle it for you, but that would be a lie. ;)

Try web browsing, playing games (Angry Birds), reading (eBook reader), shopping lists, maps and orientation...I think that's enough to get your started. And if you browse MakeUseOf for 'iPad' you will find plenty of tips and tricks for this great (not fantastic, but great) device.

• David

Well, she doesn't play games, read books or drive to need a map.

• wonder

angry birds ? wtf is that game about ? throwing birds into pigs ?? what is the lower than dummy ?