Is there an app for the iPad that will read eBooks?
Question by Nekko /

Is there an app that will read e-books to me for me iPad.

• Yaara

I assume from the question that you’re looking for a way to have the iPad actually read a book aloud to you.

There’s actually a voice over option built into the iPad which can read to you everything on the iPad, including books. To activate it go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Voice Over, and turn it on. You can also play with the settings to make it more bearable, as the voice over itself is not the most friendly thing ever. But that’s the way these things usually are.

Let us know if it worked for you. :)

• Mulder

You find it too difficult to read a book?

• Mulderisanass

Alright! Another cynical jerk, thanks for wasting my time having my pc have to read to me yet another comment from someone lucky enough to live life handicap free… Well, I assume physically handicapped free because if your obviously ignorant comment, however I dare not speak to your mental capacity…

I am blind and am able to use my iPad to supplement a lot of day to day activities with the handy functions and features it supports. I like to read, well LISTEN, to a lot of books via my iDevices and I am very interesting in finding an app that will read to me, specifically one that supports, ebooks, mobi and other ePub formats.

So unless you are answering the question, kindly shut up!

• Amir

I am dyslexic and have a hard time reading for extended periods of time. I have found several sources for audio “read to me” but none of them are noteworthy because they are too annoying to use or listen to. I would love to hear if you find an app that works well.

On a related note, I have found and which are both great resources for audio books.

Well i dont know this kind of soft, but there are some books that comes with voice included, not sure which ones are? Many are for kids telling stories, others like tourism

Amazon Kindle

if you want to read TX, PDF…then try Goodreader