Is there an app for my Droid that allows sounds from phone calls only?

Kate McBride August 24, 2012

I am used to a Blackberry that at night I can turn off all sounds, except phone calls. On the Droid I see where I can add certain numbers to call, but I want all calls to come in. Can this be done?

1. Tony Batty

Kate, Emmanuel has it on track the one way to do it is like what he says without downloading an additional app, just locate the setting and do it or you can download programs that you can set and have it shut down certain sounds at a specific time at night and resume in the morning with all ringer going without any intervention from you except on installation or any changes you'd like to do or you can get the new app from Microsoft for android on {X} and log into the site and follow some settings.

It's fairly complex and only a little challenging to setup, but Tasker should do EXACTLY what you're looking for. It's easily the most well regarded automation app and, fortunately, there's a lot of information and step-by-step guides for setting up specific behaviors/profiles. A profile is a particular set of behaviors that the devices activates whenever it encounters a specific trigger. A trigger can be an event or a time.

In your case, you'll be setting up a custom a custom profile called auto sleep mode. It will basically, at around 9pm (or whenever), silence all other sounds, except ringtones.

The step-by-step instructions are in the above link. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

3. Emmanuel Olalere

You can just go to settings > sounds > volume and then decrease every other volume except for Ringtones and notifications.

Note: It varies across different Android ROMS

4. Nart Barileva

Yes, the app is called "Volume Control +" and it works great, I've been using since I've had my phone. It allows separate controlling of media, ring, notification, voice call, alarm, and system. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cb.volumePlus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5jYi52b2x1bWVQbHVzIl0.