Is there an app for my Android phone which can improve the quality of voice recordings?

Farhan K September 22, 2014

Hi,I am a university student and I want to make some audio notes during class. When I record something on my phone I have three issues with it:

1. Background noises
  2. Voice quality
  3. We don’t have contracted phones in our country, so I have a Qmobile which is not renowned for its quality of mobile parts.

Is there any free app or software in which I can filter the voice of lecturer and remove all the clutter from background (like the ones used in movies to filter out the voice of actors and actresses) and yes I have tried many Android apps and I can’t take my laptop in university due to security reasons.

1. Dr.sunil V
  2. windowsphonedeveloper

Yes, you can try this app Cogi – Notes & Voice Recorder & Smart Voice Recorder.

Hi Farhan, I'm afraid there's not much that software can do for you. You need a good directional mic and decent electronics to begin with. No software can improve voice quality if the original is not there, and as for removing background noises "like in the movies", I'm afraid that's just in the movies... There are /some/ noises that can be removed (e.g the hiss & pops associated with vinyl records & tape), but that requires a fair amount of work and experience, and also comes at the expense of voice quality.

You may be able to improve quality a little if you place the phone in a padded box which will insulate it from the surrounding noise and vibrations (rustling of papers , people murmuring).