How can I back up all my AOL emails to something like Dropbox or JustCloud?

40092c626f2d8fdd4f6c4fcc18711f4d May 3, 2012

I want to back up my AOL mail on a secure cloud storage site. Is that possible? I do not use AOL software. I just log on to aol.com. So far all my mail is there, but I am afraid one day it may not be. What should I do?

1. Oron

Download and install Dropbox Folder Sync from http://satyadeepk.in/dropbox-folder-sync/ .
    Locate the local storage for your AOL mail, highlight the folder and right-click on it.
    From the pop-up menu, choose "Sync with Dropbox". Job done.

This add-on for Dropbox is excellent for adding folders to Dropbox without moving them into the dropbox itself. It does it by creating a Junction (special kind of shortcut) to them at the top level of the dropbox folder, so that they apppear to be in the dropbox despite having another "native" location.

There is a Windows program called MailStore Home (www.mailstore.com) that is free for personal use that can be used to backup most web-based email as well as any that allow POP or IMAP access (such as AOL). It will actually put in on the local machine, but you can easily move the file to Dropbox or another cloud storage solution as well. I have not been able to find an equivalent Mac solution, but if you dual boot your machine or run Windows in a virtual machine, you can still go with this program.