Does anyone have tips for using a Bluetooth keyboard with a Kindle Fire HD?

Tom S March 13, 2014

My wife has a Kindle Fire HD and she does a lot of reading with a lot of note taking on it. I thought I could make life a bit easier for her with a Bluetooth keyboard. It pairs and shoes up as a keyboard but using it has proved problematic. Note taking doesn’t work with the keyboard and anything typed gets lost in the files.
Anyone have any experience with this to help me out?

1. Jeff F

Tom,

It was a noble effort at trying to make your wife's easier. I do not own a Kindle Fire HD, however I do all note taking on my Android Nexus 7 via voice recognition and unless your documenting grandma's super secret chocolate chip cookie recipes, I think that would work well for your wife as well. In fact, it could be argued that Bluetooth is less secure than simply blurting it out. Either way, not using a keyboard while on my tablet just feels...natural.

Additionally, ensure your Kindle Fire's software is up-to-date. Perhaps there is an update available to enhance support for bluetooth. Unlocking/jailbreaking your Kindle Fire is also an option, which may add also allow you to choose a ROM with better support for your Bluetooth keyboard. This may be too much trouble than it's all really worth, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

Kindle Fire Bluetooth Keyboard Setup

Cordially,
    Jeff