Does anyone know what file types can be played via video over USB on the LG 47LA620V?

Anonymous January 12, 2014

I’ve checked the manual and there is no mention of compatibility

I have a .avi file which plays and a .mp4 which plays. Since then I have tried other .avi and .mp4 files and they don’t work. I’ve tried x260, ACC and xvid codecs but these are uncompatible and I’ve tried converting files to DivX which also has the file type unsupported message

1) It is recommended that you use USB memory sticks of 32 GB or less and USB HDDs of 2 TB or less.
    2) Some USB storage devices may not work or may work incorrectly.
    3) Playback of video files stored on the USB device that do not support High Speed, may not work properly.
    4) Only H.264 / AVC profile level 4.1 and lower is supported.

Video Supported Codec
    1) Maximum: 1920 x 1080 @30p
    Extension: .asf, .wmv, .divx, .avi, .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .3gp, .3g2, .mkv, .ts, .trp, .tp, .mts, .m2ts, .vob, .mpg, .mpeg

for avi:
    1)Video codec (DivX3.11, DivX4, DivX5, DivX6, XViD, H.264/AVC, Motion Jpeg, MPEG-4 Part 2)
    2) Audio codec (MPEG-1 Layer I, II, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, LPCM, ADPCM, DTS)

for mp4:
    1) Video codec: (H.264/AVC, MPEG-4 Part 2)
    2) Audio Codec: (AAC, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3))

The supported file types, formats and encoding should be stated in the manual.

If that is not the case I suggest to retrieve the encoding information from the working files and process the others to be the same. One tool I can suggest is MediaInfo.
    http://mediaarea.net/