Any there tricks for editing large input forms on an iPad?

Joseph Videtto December 21, 2012

I use an Internet app for work that requires I fill an HTML form daily that is very large – lots of scrolling to be done. On my 24 inch monitor, the form fits nicely. I’d like to fill that form out on an iPad in real time as I do my work rather than wait until the end of the day. The problem is, the sections of the form are so large they do not fit nicely on the ipad – they are too big and require lots of scrolling at designed font size, and I cannot see the text well if I make them smaller. Also, the text boxes are small, and I cannot see what I am entering (have to enter 2 or 3 paragraphs, but can only see 2 or 3 sentences at a time – which makes editing hard)

Unfortunately, there is not even a remote possibility that the software authors will design a smaller form for iPad or iPhone. Given that, are there any tricks you can suggest to make editing/inputting data on this big form more bearable when using the “small” iPad tablet ?

Also, Is it possible to write a wrapper that would allow me to add buttons to the form that allow opening a popup editing text window that will run full screen on iPad, and when I hit a button, transfer the text to the associated input text box ? That’s what I’d like to do – but it seems very complicated programatically (given my current scripting experience level)

Could try using a text editing app to enter and edit text then copy and paste into your form

• Joseph Videtto

...I think that's what I'm looking for; for convenience, I just wanted to eliminate some keystrokes by adding a button to each textbox needing editing in the app, and a button in the editing app to send it back. Would there be a way to add that 'tweak' (thanks Atman) ? What would be the best scripting language to use ?

2. Atman Shah

Nope tricks are good but tweaks(your questions trick meant tweak) thats harmful and not advised..