Do I need an antivirus on my Symbian phone?

Ravikumar October 18, 2011

I have a phone that runs Symbian. Is an antivirus app required for it?

As a general rule of thumb, if it connects to the Internet it should have protection. Is it required? Probably not. However, it's advised. 

2. M.S. Smith

I suspect you would be fine without an antivirus. Although there are a number that do exist, in-the-wild report seem to be rare, and most don't have much of a payload to speak of (that is, they don't do much damage) or require that the user take specific action to allow the virus access to the phone.

With that said, there are some antivirus apps available if you want one. Kaspersky and F-Secure both make Symbian antivirus apps. But they are a bit pricey at $29.99 to $39.99 for a year's protection.

yes, but symbian cells can be hacked, then these anti virus can provide security.
      one option is to use 15 or 30 days trials of various antivirus.
      one by one.
      http://www.comptalks.com/top-10-mobile-antivirus-for-download-2010

some of them may be reinstalled, or reinstalled after you format your cell afer expired.

yes, only java based entry level phones do not require antivirus.
    the possibilities of virus and unauthorized access to phone increases according to its smartness.