What is the best antivirus program for Windows 7?
Question by Vigan Jashari /

I’m very frustrated. Used Comodo long time. I think it’s good, but I don’t see it anywhere near the top antiviruses.

Now I installed BitDefender Total Security. I’m thinking of Microsoft Security Essentials. In CNET’s top downloaded is Avast and AVG. How to choose the best one?

For a long time I’m not in peace with antiviruses. I also use Advanced System Care. I think it speeds up my PC.

I have some problems. I’ve installed AllShare Play and Mega Cloud Backup and then uninstalled, but they don’t want to disappear from my PC.

What do we need for our Windows 7 PCs? Mine is Dell Inspiron N5010 i3.

• vyorel25

The best antivirus is Bidefender Total Security 2013
    http://www.dnmw.net/bitdefender-total-security-2013-free-download/

• Peter Mann

As Yashodhan Bhatt says…
      Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 IMHO is the best. Once you have used it you won’t use anything else. It is reasonably priced and it works.

• Prashant Mirjankar

It is all about the personal likings….. I prefer Norton to Avast…Some prefer Avast some AVG…… All the antivirus are good until your system is not infected….once infected only then the best one rises……….

• Yashodhan Bhatt

Just try Kaspersky for once and you’ll never buy any other ever!

• abengaster54

Best:
    1.Bitdefender
    2.Kaspersky
    3.ESET Nod32
    4.AVG Internet Security
    5.Avast Internet Security
    6.Comodo

• Sama

ESET Smart Security…. i have it for a long time, i still use it, and i have to say that works great with windows 7 (and for those who say that ESET is not good, maybe they nerver tried it before)

• Kes

AVG is listed as the top free program, in fact, best program overall. See list here: http://freebies.about.com/od/computerfreebies/tp/best-free-antivirus.htm

I prefer Microsoft Essentials for my personal computer (I download A LOT so it keeps me quite safe) It updates on it’s own and if the symbol is green, you’re good to go, red if there is something you need to deal with. I was really surprised that Microsoft put out a good program to be honest, but hey Win7 is good too so they were on the right track (until win8. heh.)

I also have backups for specific things. I use Malewarebytes for really nasty stuff, and as a backup because no antivirus is perfect. I also have CCleaner to deal with registry stuff and halting problematic programs.

• Arun Vishnu

in my opinion you may download register and use avast because its free,lightweight and less resource hungry but PERFORMED VERY GOOD THAN ALL OTHER SECURITY SUITS WHEN I TESTED iT.avast will clean your system and will not allow malwares to enter your system.i am using it since 2010

• Deimarr Callender

I personally recommend ESET Smart Security

• Shahbaz Amin

If you can buy Kaspersky as its really good and I have been using it for more than three years without any virus or malware issues
    or you can also use free Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Defender) and its free!!