An Antivirus With Offline Updates?

Prasanna Kumar Adhikesavan February 2, 2010

Hello, I am looking for a good antivirus with internet security which we could update offline. I am not having net connection in my system and I want to download the updates of this antivirus from my friends’ home.

Please help me in finding out this.

1. ├Žnon1mus

AVG allows you to download virus definitions offline.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly so please correct me if I am wrong. You don't have an internet connection but would like to have an up-to-date antivirus program, right?

You see most of the antivirus programs store new definition updates in a separate folder. This means that if you can download the right updates for your antivirus program on another computer and then place them to the correct folder in your Antivirus program it should work just fine. I did this with AVG free version before.

You only need to make sure that you download the updates for your specific antivirus version. This will be easy to do if the other computer uses an exact same version of Antivirus program

• Pkthegladiator

Yes your understanding is correct and thanks for your information. I will try doing like you have explained.

Hi Prasanna,

you can download and manually install updates for Avast.
    http://www.avast.com/index