Does an animated wallpaper on my phone drain my battery?

Tanto January 9, 2011

I use animated wallpaper like *.gif on my phone. My friend said that animated wallpaper could drain battery rather than wallpaper. Is that true?

Which one I have to choice? Animated wallpaper(like *.gif) or just wallpaper (like *.jpg)?

Hi
    For sure every application that lets windows screen opened then will uses some battery.
    This will depend on your mobile version and which kind of animated wallpaper you are using. Also some animated wall paper uses flash players so it will depend. Dark themes will be better.

They take up processing power but if the images are already loaded/cached, it's just cycling through different parts in memory. The difference is very minimal.

The larger the picture, the more work your phone has to do in order to render it on the screen. resize all my pics with Photoshop to 480x360 and make sure none of my wallpapers are over 40KB.

Animated wallpapers are simply mobile wallpapers, which use transition sequences to display the image in the main window of the screen so that if it appears that the contents of the wallpaper is in motion. It seems like a video clip, which is being set as wallpaper. The main theory behind the use of animated wallpaper is to use sequences of images and image transition so that if the objects in the images appear to be moving.

2. Joecrawford

I can only answer your first question. It does drain your battery because it uses your processor contently to change the image. On my Evo, I was able to get an additional 2 hours per charge by not using one.