Why is my Android tablet shutting down at random intervals?

Anonymous August 18, 2014

My Android tablet keeps shutting down all at once. Sometimes it it 15 or 20 minutes and sometimes only a minute or two. It seems before it shuts off a message says android.com server has stopped working. The tablet is only 5 months old so I don’t know why it keeps shutting off. I tried doing factory reset twice and it still shuts off. I keep it plugged in also so its not any battery issue. It works great except for this problem.

1. Ben S

Can you install an app that will monitor the battery temperature and see if it's getting too high? This could be one solution.

What model and brand as well as operating system version is the tablet using? Does the tablet get hot before shutting down? Have you installed anything just prior to the issues you are seeing?

Try going to the manufacturer website and search for a firmware update, i.e. 4.0.4 to 4.1.2. If there is an update, download and follow the instructions to update your device. Check to see if the issue occurs again after update. You may want to back up any and all files you wish to save, and then perform a hard/factory reset. If the problem persists, you may want to see if you can get a warranty repair or replacement as it could be a hardware fault.

how do you connect to internet on the android tablet?

• Ben S

What does this have to do with the question?

it can be communication problem, wifi, 3G...