Why does my Android tablet camera report full storage but the SD card is empty?

Anonymous April 3, 2014

Why does my tablet camera report full storage but the SD card is empty?

Most Android camera apps default to saving on the built-in memory. Depending on your version of Android and the app, you may be able to change the default behaviour. Open Settings and change Default Write Disk to "SD card".

is your android able to take picture and save it to external SD card? also which android tablet you have.

Check the settings in the camera app and make sure the save location is on the external SD card. I would also clear up some space on your internal storage by clearing the cache for the installed apps, clear out old unwanted messages/email if applicable, abd delete unnecessary or unwanted files. If you wish to have an app find and clear junk files and cache for you, you can use IOBit (Advanced) Mobile Care or SD Maid. If this does not help, go into Settings, Manage Apps, locate the camera app, abd clear cache and data for the app.