Why is my Android phone not displaying apps installed on SD card?

Sameer N May 14, 2012

The apps that were moved/installed on SD card fail to display on the application drawer or at home screen. When I go to Play Store and open the applications it says Open or Uninstall. So the phone detected the applications, but it is not visible. Any solution for this?

On very rare occasions it displays all the apps. I had tried restarting the phone, unmount, remove and mount SD card, reinsert battery etc.
I am using Samsung GT-I5500L, Android 2.2

1. harry

SOLVED : Just go to task manager and on the RAM tab, click to select and buttons and press clear button, your sd card shortcuts are now displayed.

2. hamza

All my apps on sd card r deleted and songs nd pics r safe so wwhts tha reason nd solution to this problem..using HTC explorer

3. gayashan02

I have the same problem... i just upgraded my phone to GTI5500L and i discovered the error.. can you please help

• Sameer N

Try another launcher. Was working for me without issues for quite sometime.

4. Sameer N

Thanks for all your responses. The issue seem to be any of those.
    I tried another launcher and it worked well. Then I tried the old launcher to see if it works and that too worked. So, still not clear where the issue is. But have a workaround now.

5. Wendy

I had that problem when my phone's internal storage was full. I deleted one app, restarted the phone, and it started working fine.

update firmware, try another launcher

7. Saikat Basu

There could be two reasons among others of course. I had the same problem with my Sony Ericsson phone. First, it could be that the card (if not the default one that came with the phone) is not so compatible with the Samsung phone. Query the Samsung Help site or any Samsung Forum for this problem. Sony Ericsson reportedly has this problem with ScanDisk cards. Second, as in my case, the SD card sometimes comes loose and that causes the problem. Insert it tightly. If you have a spare SD card, try to experiment by installing apps on that to check if the problem is card-specific.