Does Android have a built in FM radio recorder?

VS October 7, 2012

Does Android have a built in FM radio recorder? If not where can I find one?

1. Jeremiah Iliffe

First you would need to check if your phone has FM radio functionality in the first place, after that, it will probably need headphones to use this. If it came with a radio app, it probably has an FM radio, and that app should be able to record radio.

2. VS Vishnu

thanks for the comments but most of the suggestions here are for recording online radio stations...

3. Jahnezzy Eltime

Android doesn’t have a built in FM radio recorder. but i think you might find some app in gp for that

4. Alex Perkins

Nope. :-(

5. Vishal Mishra

there is no default FM radio recorder but you can download fro google play.

No, by default it does not have one. You can install free, 3rd. party apps from Google Play. Some of them are Resco Radio Free. Click this search in Google Play and you will get a whole list of these apps. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=FM+radio+recorder&c=apps&price=1&safe=3

7. Seb Arnold

no it doesn't but you should be able to find an app for it out there. just google it

8. Gopal Veeranala
  9. VS Vishnu

the website has edited my question..! this is not what i had asked..i know android does not have an inbuilt recorder. I asked if there is an app which can record the inbuilt FM

• Kannon Y

That's an interesting question.

To my knowledge, that kind of app shouldn't exist, although you should without question be able to record the audio generated from your phone, at any time.

The reason is that there's a mic built into all phones, which can record whatever sound your phone's speakers generates. Any audio recording app will do, although the audio quality will be quite poor, because of background noise (and more).

However, there's an app that picks up local radio over WiFi and has the ability to record. It's pay-fo, although relatively cheap. It's called TuneIn and it's easily one of my favorite apps for Android. It's also very lightweight and doesn't run constantly in the background.

• VS Vishnu

thanks..

10. Ahmed Khalil

No it is not have one

11. Dimal Chandrasiri

At the moment, android doesn't contain a radio recorder. But I think in the future they'll include!

12. Harish Jonnalagadda

No. It does not have one.

Samsung Galaxy S III that is made for US market doesn't have a radio.

you can use internet streaming applications that has FM RADIO Feature.

andrecorder
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrconstruction.andrecorder_paid
    Launch the andrecorder program, tap button to record and then go to your audio source (fm radio)

14. Another Googler

No , android doesn't have a built in FM recorder . But there are plenty of third party apps to do the same. Just search.

15. Yudono Ra

sadly, No

16. Drew Butler

Found this app on google play... It has a few low reviews but from what I read the reviewers devices were not listed as compatible in the first place so I don't see this as a fault of the developer.. Anways it is a fairly new app so check it out and if it isn't compatible with your device just keep checking,it should grow to be compatible with more devices. Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tarsys.fmradiograbador&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50YXJzeXMuZm1yYWRpb2dyYWJhZG9yIl0
    hope this helps :)

• Drew Butler

Just noticed I didn't fully answer your question.. No Android doesn't have a built in FM radio recorder.