What Android based phone do you recommend me?

Erlis Dhima October 19, 2012

Hello there!
This month I’m going to buy a phone, but I was wondering what phone to buy..
I want a phone that has an Android system, and it’s around $200!
If you give me the suggestion along with a link from http://www.gsmarena.com/ or whatever page that has the phone details, I would be really glad!
Thanks in advance! :)

1. Cyra Calkhoven

samsunfg galaxy ace.

2. Aniket Singh

1-LG Optimus Net
    2-Samsung galaxy Y S5360
    3-Sony Ericson W8
    4-Motorola Fire XT311
    5-Micromax superfone Lite A75

3. Dhruv Sangvikar

sony xperia tipo! android 4.0 is biggest benefit. also 800Mhz processor.. though may be a compromise but works smooth.. moreover the excellent touch and sound quality of sony touch phones :)

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I also find sony phones as great ones! And I like them a lot! :)

Hey Erlis, in my opinion, the best budget phone is the Nexus One. You can get one from eBay for $95 USD, but unfortunately, the examples that I found are not available in Europe. :-( There's likely used Nexus Ones on sale in your region

There's a lot of reasons why official Nexus phones, even older ones, are still worth buying. First, they have large community support and backing from Google. The Nexus actually gets faster and more reliable over time. And their support life cycle of two years is greatly increased by community support. Also, if you know about the rooting/custom ROM process, the phone can improve its performance even further.

Consequently, my recommendation is a refurbished Nexus One from eBay. Because of their lack of a warranty, it's a good idea to also purchase a SquareTrade warranty for $25.

• Erlis Dhima

I see! Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I will take a look at nexus phones!

5. shaurya gupta

Or wait for the new nexus launching on 29 october.

• Erlis Dhima

Please give me at least a link.. I can't handle more than $220.. (and it could be to much for me..)

6. Loreson San Juan
    • Erlis Dhima

That's a great one! But it's very expensive for me! :/

7. Siddhant Chaurasia

Google Nexus Phone

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your comment!

8. kumar raja

U can find in phonearena.com
    and many more sites but this is very nice sites u can compare it....!

9. VS Vishnu

galaxy mini

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for commenting!

10. Priya Agarwal

Samsung Galaxy Mini

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your comment! ^^

11. Drew Butler

The country you reside in and new contract/provider or unlocked phone and network type are two major things that would affect my recommendation. Another is, what do you plan on using it for? Different types of users require different things such as screen size for gaming/movies/reading and slide out keyboard for texting/email/blogging. Let me know and I'll take a look :)

• Erlis Dhima

First of all, I'm looking for an unlocked phone!
      I plan to use it more for Facebook, Twitter, for blogging, email, texting.
      I'm not to much for gaming, since I don't have too much free time. Maybe sometimes to watch a movie, I don't know!
      I'm looking more for a phone that is at max $200-$220(140€-160€), and with an android system.. Preferable with only touch screen (I don't like to much phones with QWERTY. )..
      This is more or less. Since the important thing is the price, and the fact that it has an android system! Also, the prices here at me, are almost the same as in Italy!

• Drew Butler

I agree with others that have suggested the Acer Gallant Duo. After you get an android phone I would also recommend getting the app called Moboplayer for watching movies, it is a free app and plays almost any video format. I also recommend not using the Facebook application because it is always running in the background and uses a lot of battery. Hope these suggestions come in handy for you and everyone have a great Sunday afternoon :)

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help! ^_^

Any of the HTC range, they are all good!

• Erlis Dhima

I like HTC mobiles.. But the problem is that, they are very expensive here at me! I will check for the cheapest ones! Thanks for your suggestion!

13. salim benhouhou

i would recommend samsung galaxy mini :

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your suggestion!

You didn't mentioned whether you are getting a phone under contract or unlocked.If getting unlocked,then it's better to get a new phone such as Sony Xperia Tipo -

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your comment! I'm looking for a unlocked phone! Here at my place, it's cheaper to buy an unlocked phone, and use credit when I need to make a call!

15. Nikhil Chandak

Nokia 500

Symbian Belle operating system
    3.2 Inch TFT HD display with 640X360 pixel screen resolution
    2 GB internal memory and expandable up to 32 GB
    5 Megapixel Camera
    Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your suggestion! But as I said, I am looking for an android based mobile!

16. Nikhil Chandak

Smasung Galaxy Y

Hera are some important specs for Samsung Galaxy Y

830 MHz processor
    Android Operating System
    3.0 Inch full Touch Screen with 240X320 Screen resolution
    GPRS, Wi-Fi, 3G
    2 Megapixel Camera
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Expandable memory up to 32 GB

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for suggesting this to me! But I think that with $200 you can get a mobile with better specs, right??

• Raja Pradeep

Sony xperia tipo is better than Galaxy y as it has ICS, HVGA screen resolution and also Adreno 200 GPU.

• Erlis Dhima

Wow great! I think I should consider this one! ^^

17. Dimal Chandrasiri

go for SONY... they are very user friendly and the new NXT series is amazing..

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

18. Harish Jonnalagadda

ACER Liquid Gallant Duo would be the best mobile suggestion for this category. Quite an astounding feature set, considering how much it actually costs.

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your comment! I will check how much it costs here at me! :)

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Sure thing! And do let me know what you think of the device. Waiting for it to launch in this side of the world.

• Erlis Dhima

Sure! ^^

At that price point there are two Indian models which are pretty capable - Micromax A100 and Karbonn A21, but I do not think they apply for you as presumbly you are outside India. Therefore I suggest the following very capable mobile for you:

Samsung Y Duos Lite (however the Android is Gingerbread 2.3.6)
    Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 (I am using it since a month and am OK with it, supports both touchscreen and QWERTY - only go for it, if qwerty typing is important for you)
    SONY Xperia Tipo or SONY Xperia Tipo Dual (highly recommended and has both single and dual SIM model)
    ACER Liquid Gallant Duo (another very capable phone at that price range)

• Erlis Dhima

First, I'm in Albania. And the prices are almost the same as in Italy!
      And thanks a lot for your comment! Those Sony version were totally cool! Also that ACER version.. Thanks a lot for your recommendation!