Which Android app can I use to play streaming and flash video?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani May 8, 2012

I have a Micromax A75 running Android 2.3. I would like to be able to stream all kinds of video (flash, 3GP and so on) and am looking for an app for the job. Ideally the app should launch and play the video when I click the link in my mobile browser. Thanks!

1. Sunil

How to direct streaming video from mobile browser to a video player which should play the streaming video instead of browser

• Palash

You are a fool Sunil,Sorry if it hurts......
      But around the world there are people called hackers.I have a galaxy-pop (s5570) with no adobe flash support.Just go to market download the trial version of skyfire. Then go to this link-
      http://www.4shared.com/get/zuvtDpLL/Skyfire_Premium_Video_License_.html;jsessionid=8C2198440AC3A4B53D548FC0A48AEB66.dc323
      Copy app on SDcard. Install and have fun.

• lawrence

ty so much you are a genious

• appu

thanks for your help but your given link is not working. file is deleted.

The file is deleted because it was a paid app which is illegal to distribute outside Google play store.

• Dalsan

If you install Dolphin Browser HD it should ask which app you would like to open the video link in. It doesn't always ask for every video but for most links it will.

• ramanan

please try opera browser.

2. zeeshan khan

Try rockplayer. It's been good in my experience! :)

• Sunil

Thanks for reply

But Would rockplayer play flash vidoes without flash installed in Android?

• zeeshan khan

No. You need Adobe Flash Player for that.

• Sunil

How to direct streaming video from mobile browser to a video player which should play the streaming vdo instead of browser

• zeeshan khan

When I had RockPlayer installed. I navigate to the video using my browser and it asked me which player I wanted to open the video with. I just chose RockPlayer. I hope this helps.

• Sunil

Can the app play any format of streaming video (flash,rm,wmv)

Can you specify download link for the app , as there are similar but not identical name apps

Also , you may tell whether in this or another app can the url of streaming video be put/bookmarked without entering the link in mobile browser

• zeeshan khan

It says in the app's description that it can play almost all formats.

Here is the link to the app on play store:
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/detail?id=com.redirectin.rockplayer.android.unified.lite&hl=en

and rockplayer.com is the original website.

No, you cannot bookmark it in the app but you can bookmark the link of the video in the browser.

Sorry if I didn't help.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Why do some video links ask to play the videos in the video player while some video links play in the browser?

Can video link which plays only in browser be made to play in the video player instead of browser?

If yes, how?

• zeeshan khan

I am sorry. I am not sure how to do that.

Some videos play inside the browser because the videos on the website are being hosted by the web page that you are navigating to. The others, that can be played on a player, are direct links to the videos but they still play in the browser if you don't choose to open them in a player.

• Sunil

To play in video player the videos hosted by the page can the hosted video be linked to another webpage and then played through that page?

3. GamerJunkdotNet

Skyfire is a browser that allows you to watch flash content.

• Sunil

It is paid app

Any free browser which would allow flash video in browser without flash player needed to install in the android system?

Youtube flash videos play in both browser and app , even other apps play online videos

But browser asks to install adobe flash to play vdos

Streaming Hi-Quality Video To Android With Tversity and nswPlayer
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/35019-streaming-hi-quality-video-android-tversity-nswplayer.html

8 Best And Free Video Streaming Apps For Android Phones
    http://savedelete.com/best-free-android-video-streaming-apps.html

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Sounds relevant apps

But how to run online flash videos on device which does not support Adobe flash player?

The same device plays youtube flash videos of it's mobile portal