Is there an alternative to Lightroom 3?

buggrit phooey December 9, 2011

Is Adobe’s Lightroom 3 really the best program of its kind? Or is there a better choice?

1. Lutik22

ACDSee is fantastic! I wish they have better version fo rMac

2. Travellinardie

after all your terrific suggestions, most of which i have tried.  I finally bit the bullet and downloaded lightroom.  I find the resources easy to locate, it works with my topaz plugins and sagelight editor, and it was worth every penny.  thank you all for your input

thanks for the update

• Rlennox

Hey! Not mentioning Apple's Aperture is bizarre (the ONLY real competitor to Lightroom )
      oh yeah, it is only available for Macintosh computers, but with iPhoto for free on every Mac, few average digital photographers need mere than that! But if you do... It is between lightroom & Aperture! At least Mac users have that choice

you can try picasa, but depends on what you are looking for as alternative to lightroom 3 or try Photoshop Elements is cheaper