What is the best alternative to Firefox?
Question by Estefanía Andón /

Since last week with Firefox 10.0.2 update, working on the Internet has been a pain: FF freezes all the time so I spend 4 hours more than normal just because of this. I give up, I can’t handle not being able to do simple tasks every now and then.

So what is the best alternative?

• Sylvia

chrome and opera

• Ravi Lamontagne

Google chrome for me. Just as fast as firefox and has almost the same addons

• mikiaandy

for Linux Qupzilla,

• Jay.0

If old versions worked well, then install them.
    10.0, 10.0.1 9.0.1

Actually you are not alone, ff 10.0.2 crashes and freezes.
    I have searched and others also have this problem,
    It crashes on my pc sometimes when i have 40 + tabs, but does not freeze.

Try : help>restart with addons disabled

Thanks for the links, I will check them, could be better with names of the addons mentioned :)

• Estefanía Andón

ok, sorry, i didnt see that they show shorter urls. Its edited now :o)
      Just tried to uninstall FF+Flash and reinstall them, FF first and then Fl and it worked! All seems fine, almost for now.
      I tried Wyzo too, and its not bad,anyway it was having same problems that FF till un+re-installed all so…

• Narendra Sadhana

The question hangs in the Web browser must be viewed cautiously, not only assigning the causes of a problem with the browser. Other factors can also trigger this anomaly, such as:

A hard disk drive with areas of delay;
    A high level of fragmentation of the hard disk drive;
    Presence of Malware and viruses;
    Large number of accessories and add-ons installed;
    Version of flashplayer adove outdated or corrupted;

In my day-to-day repairer pcs I’ve found that video drivers misconfigured or too out of date can also be a focus for this type of problems, including settings where also very strict security features.

• Tomdevastor

Wow, what is it about Maxthon that everybody loves it? Is it really better than Firefox? Or just the next best that is very much like Firefox?

• Jgiannavola

I’d stay away from Maxthon. It’s unattractive and very slow. As a download, it is more than double the size of Firefox or Opera (so larger than both combined).

• Andark9

Unattractive? It’s got a nice layout, size doesn’t matter considering they’re under half a gig.

• Jgiannavola

Put me down for Opera. I, too, have an XP PC and have been using FF since IE8 stopped working. I recently tried Opera to see if they’ve improved since last year. They have. It’s very fast. Compatibility issues have been taken care of. It is very nice to look at.
    All I can say is Ad Block Plus for FF is much better than As Block for Opera, but I’m dealing.

• Vadim Popov

Sure – Maxthon is the best choise for you ;) Just try and you’ll never comeback to FF ))

• Larry Schaibley

Maxthon gives you everything all the other browsers can’t.  Try it, you’ll like it and never go back.