How can I get past the ‘Align Screen’ during the HTC Touch setup?

Shiva May 14, 2011

I got an HTC Touch (second hand) and after resetting it I started going through the set up phase.

However, when I’m on the ‘Align Screen’ phase, cursor moves to the four corners and just loops the process, so I can’t move from here.

Any suggestions?

1. Littledawn_7

Yeah me too. Cant get past the damn thing. Ill do it real hard this time ;) thanks

Shiva,

I think you are talking about the touch screen setup. You need to touch the cursor when it goes into different positions, so that the phone can record your touch and adjust how it reacts to it. This is part of the setup.

If you are unsure how to get past this step, you should have a look into the phone's (setup) manual. I'm sure you can get a copy online from the HTC website

• Shiva

Thanks Tina.

It is the screen setup and I have done as you instructed.

The User manual does not elaborate much more than "follow the on-screen 
      instructions to complete the calibration"

Any other clues?

Shiva,

I'm afraid that's all I can think of. Since you bought the device used there is a chance that you got scammed. You could contact HTC directly and ask them for advice. I would actually recommend you to do that. Maybe there is another trick.

• Shiva

Shiva,

as a matter of fact I just had to re-install my own Windows Mobile phone. I had to go through the screen setup twice. The tip I can give you is to press the cursor / cross very hard. It will only move on beyond the setup if you set it up successfully.