Why do my albums skip tracks when I listen to music on my iPad?

Lin August 20, 2011

My albums skip tracks when I listen on my iPad. I want it to go in sequence.

1. Xoandre Moats

One problem you may have encountered if you have RIPPED your songs directly from CD format is that the CD or the laser in your drive may have had dust or scratches interfere with the reading of the song file data as it ripped the song. If you have ripped the songs, you might try making sure your CD is clean and get a PC-safe CD/DVD-ROM Lens cleaning disc (available in most stores with any electronic departments for around $5-$15).

Are all the files in the album in same audio format? If it's a self made album there is a chance that some tracks may be in different audio format whcih play on your computer but not supported by iPad.

3. Mulder

Hmm…something seems a tad askew.

I would try these steps, in order, moving to the next one if a step doesn't solve the problem:

1. Reset All Settings
    2. Reset your iPad (press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears)
    3. Restore from backup via iTunes
    4. Restore to factory default via iTunes
    5. Erase All Content and then restore from backup. (re-synching your songs could take a while, depending on which iPad model you have).