Why does my advent laptop only turn on when connected to a power supply?

Jack Djanogly March 3, 2012

When my laptop is plugged in, it powers up fine, and I can unplug it and use it normally. But it will only turn on if connected. Any ideas how to get it to start without being connected to the power supply?

1. Alex Perkins

That is weird. It's not the battery because it runs of it fine, just won't start up on battery?

2. David Lab13

RTQ read the question. It runs off battery. just wont startup.

Hello, how old is the laptop?  Is this a new problem or it has always been that way?  Most likely explanation is that your battery is dead......if that is the case the only solution is to buy a new battery.

4. Arun Singh

because of your laptop battery fully drained that is why it start only when your laptop is plugged into power supply so change your battery.

battery dead may be?  try unplugging it, removing the battery, and letting it sit for few minutes , then booting insert battery and boot up again.

check the bios settings? also reset CMOS battery?